Traffic Construction Update for Campus Visitors
Guests visiting Kent State University at Ashtabula should be aware of summer construction projects on local highways affecting traffic to and from campus.
Most notably are the ramp closures on State Route 11 over Interstate 90. Travelers on I-90 are advised to take alternative routes, including utilizing State Route 45 (west of Ashtabula) and State Route 193 (east of Ashtabula).
Below is the listing of traffic advisories and ramp closures from the Ohio Department of Transportation:
SR 11 northbound and southbound over I-90 is reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction, with all traffic traveling on the southbound lanes of SR 11.(until further notice)
- The following ramp closures are in place :
- The ramp from SR 11 northbound to I-90 westbound is closed through early August. The detour is SR 11 northbound to Seven Hills Rd. to SR 11 southbound.
- The ramp from SR 11 northbound to I-90 eastbound is closed through early August. The detour is SR 167 east to SR 193 north to I-90 eastbound.
- The ramp from I-90 eastbound to SR 11 northbound is closed through early October. The detour is SR 45 north to US 20 east to SR 11 north.
- The ramp from I-90 eastbound to SR 11 southbound is closed through early October. The detour is SR 45 south to SR 307 east to SR 167 to SR 11 south.
- The ramp from SR 11 southbound to I-90 eastbound is closed through early October. The detour is US 20 eastbound to SR 193 south to I-90 eastbound.
This work is part of a $68 million project to replace pavement along I-90 from just west of SR 45 to just east of SR 11. The project also includes modifications to the I-90/SR 11 interchange and repairs to seven bridges along I-90. The entire project is scheduled to be completed by November 2016.