Frances Anne Freitas, Ph.D., MSN, RN, CNE
I am a nursing educator who has taught nursing for over 25 years. I love what I do and what I teach. I enjoy touching the future through my engagement and development of nursing students. I presented my dissertation on Nursing Accreditation across the Nation at the International Sigma Theta Tau conference in Vienna, Austria. It was a rewarding and inspiring experience.
- NURS 20950 - Human Growth and Development
- NRST 20209 - Maternal Child Developmental Self Care
- NRST 20210 - Child and Family Developmental Self Care
- Freitas, F.A. (August, 2007) Cost-benefit analysis of professional accreditation for Baccalaureate nursing programs from the perspective of the program administrator. Dissertation, Dr. Steve O. Michael, adviser, Kent State University
- Freitas, F. & Leonard, L. (January, 2011). Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs and Student Academic Success. Teaching and Learning in Nursing, 6, 1, 9-13.
- Freitas, F.A., Myers, S.A., Avtgis, T.A. (1998). Student perceptions of instructor immediacy in conventional and distributed learning classrooms. Communication Education, 47,October, 1-7.
- ACEN team chair and accreditation visitor for decades