Niche Graduate Programs Coupled With a Rising College Town
The school's uniqueness in the State of Ohio is a compelling reason to apply, as are its outcomes. The majority of students (about 95 percent) graduate with the Ph.D. degree. All program graduates since the inception of the program are employed in research and/or academic positions related to their field of training.
School of Biomedical Sciences Facts:
- Partners: NEOMED, the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, The University of Akron, Youngstown State University, Akron General Medical Center and Summa Health System.
- Current enrollment: 77 graduate students
- Faculty: 113 full-time faculty members, located at 18 different departments and units at the partner institutions.
Kent State University Facts
- Kent State, with its eight-campus system in Northeast Ohio, serves the state and the nation with excellence through more than 50 master's programs in more than 100 areas of specialization as well as 23 doctoral programs with more than 60 specializations.
- Kent State ranks among the top 77 public universities in the country, according to the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
- Kent State faculty attract multimillion dollar research grants and contracts.
- U.S. News & World Report gave Kent State the exclusive first-tier ranking on its Best National Universities list. Kent State ranked 194 out of 1,500 schools.
- On the international scene, Times Higher Education of London ranked Kent State among the top 200 universities in the world.
Rising College Town
Kent State University is located in Kent, Ohio, a town located on the banks of the Cuyahoga River. Kent is a family community with an excellent school system, tree-lined streets and a historic downtown with plenty of restaurants, shops, a cinema, and all other amenities and services you'll need. Kent State is just a short drive from the major metropolitan areas of Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown, and Canton. These cities and their surrounding areas are home to more than three million people who enjoy world-class museums, theaters, national and state parks, shopping, professional sports, and Fortune 500 companies. Kent is easily accessible from the Ohio and Pennsylvania turnpikes, major highways, and the Cleveland Hopkins International and Akron-Canton airports.
You Belong Here: Well-rounded Environment
When viewed together, the resources of three major public institutions, two area hospitals and a world-class research institute, provide unparalleled opportunities for research and education in the biomedical disciplines, the university's reputation and the community forge the perfect environment for pursuing your academic and career goals.
We welcome your interest.