Student Refund Processing
When Are student refunds issued?
Student refund processing begins approximately 7 days prior to the start of the semester, see start dates below.
- Summer 2020 - May 26
- Fall 2020 - August 17
- Spring 2020 - January 6
A refund cannot be issued to a student until their aid has been disbursed to their student account, creating a credit, see screen below as an example. In the example below the financial aid was disbursed on Aug. 19th creating a credit of $2,925.00, which will be refunded to the student.
I am not expecting my financial aid to be ready until after classes begin. How do I buy books if I don't have my refund?
Students that will receive a refund once their aid has been disbursed to their student account can apply to have up to $500 of their financial aid issued to their FlashCard. These funds can be used at campus bookstores to buy books. Visit the One Stop website to access the Request for FlashCash form or contact your Regional Campus to see when they issue FlashCash.
How do I know if my refund has been issued?
You can check your student account via FlashLine to see if your refund has been processed. Follow the steps below to access your student account information through FlashLine:
Student should log into FlashLine at www.kent.edu
Select Student/Finances/Tuition and Payments
Select "My Student Account Detail"
If the refund has been issued you will see the word "Student Refund," see screen below as an example.
When can I expect to receive my refund once it has been issued on my student account?
BankMobile delivers Student refunds once they are issued by KSU. For more information about BankMobile, visit this link: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/
Are all refunds issued to the student?
Credit balances on the student account are typically issued to the student as the owner of the account. However, there may be instances where the credit balance may be refunded to someone other than the student. The refund priority is:
- Available Title IV credit to the parent borrower of a PLUS loan, not to exceed the amount of the loan
- Any remaining Title IV credit to the student
- Any remaining credit is refunded to a credit card, not to exceed the amount of the payment
- Any remaining credit to the student: Personal payments (cash, ACH web) as well as grants, scholarships and all other credits.
- Any remaining credit that a student is no longer eligible for will be refunded back to the original source of the scholarship or third party agency (if applicable).
For further information on Title IV aid https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types#federal-aid