Star Your Application Today
The Executive MBA for Corporate Professionals Admission Criteria Includes:
- A minimum of seven years professional work experience.
- An undergraduate degree (not necessarily in business) from an accredited college or university.
- The candidate's two-year commitment to complete the program, and support by his/her employer.
- A basic knowledge of algebra and computer applications to include Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
Executive MBA Application Procedure
To be considered for admission to Kent State University's Executive MBA program, students must submit the following information online:
- Completed Application Form and $45 nonrefundable application fee (check made out to KSU).
- Official Transcripts - all applicants must have graduated from an accredited college or university.
- Letter of Recommendation Forms - used to assess academic or job performance. Three forms are required for application to the Executive MBA program. One should be from a senior executive in your organization and another from an immediate supervisor. The third letter should be from a colleague or someone familiar with your academic background.
- Statement of Goals and Objectives - one full page stating your goals/objectives for the program, used to assess career goals and written communication skills.
- If Required* - Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) official test scores
- Interview - required of all candidates submitting a completed application form. The EMBA office will schedule an appointment for a personal interview with the Director after the EMBA admissions committee has received all application materials.
*GMAT/GRE scores typically not required.
GMAT and GRE scores are not typically required.
For those applicants who will be required to take the GMAT, is now offered electronically. Simply call 1-800-717-GMAT to schedule the test at a center near you. The cost is $250, and a $50 fee will be charged for any rescheduling. There are many GMAT-prep books and software packages available to help in the review process. The GMAT Information Bulletin covers a variety of GMAT-related topics, and is available through the KSU Graduate Programs Office. KAPLAN offers a GMAT-prep software package and www.MBA.com also offers a practice test on line.
GMAT & GPA Admission Criteria
There is no minimum GMAT score or grade point average required for admission to the EMBA program. The admissions committee considers many factors as it evaluates prospective students, including work history, letters of reference, and other non-academic achievements. The admission process culminates with a personal interview to ensure that the candidate is a good fit for the program, and vice versa.