CEBIpitch: Live Pitch Guidelines
CEBIPITCH: LIVE PITCH GUIDELINES
Criteria (10 minute total - 5 minute pitch & 5 minute Q+A)
Product: Briefly describe your product or service
- What problem/opportunity does it solve?
- What makes your product or service unique?
- Value proposition: How will your product/service add value for your customer?
Industry: Describe your industry and who will be buying your product/service
- What industry does your product/service fall in to?
- Describe your primary target market
- Clearly define who your key customers are
- How large is your estimated market size
Marketing & Sales Plan
- How do you plan to sell the product/service? Promote? Brand?
- What distribution channels do you plan to use and why?
Competition: Explain your competition
- Who are they? Direct/Indirect? How big of a threat do they pose?
- What is your competitive advantage (how does your product differ from your competitors)?
- Current patent/IPs
Financials: Expected Revenue Stream
- What do you expect to sell your first year? 12-18 months?
- Revenue money and number of customers
- Cost to produce?
- Profit potential?
- i.e. sales price, profit margins
- How much product will have to sell to break even?
- Describe your management team/advisors and a plan to fill any holes in your team
- What are your next steps to grow the business?
- How will you use the funds you receive?
- How much do you know about your product?
- How passionate are you about it?
- How well can you sell yourself and your company?
Each metric is scored on a "0-10" system.
- Product/Market Need: Provides a unique product/service
- Industry: Market is clearly described and sized, along with the target customer
- Marketing/Sales: Marketing strategy seems realistic and effective
- Competition: Demonstrated an understanding of the competitors and alternatives and the product presents a competitive advantage
- Financials: Company has realistic and sustainable financial projections and a sound strategy
- Management: Describes a balanced team/has a plan to fill gaps
- Future: Favorable sustainable growth expected with reasonable plans to use funding
- Presentation: How excited, passionate did they seem to get about the idea? Do they have what it takes to stand behind their company?