Announcing the second annual CEBIpitch competition...
SAVE THE DATE:
2018 LIVE PITCH | 4.19.18
- brought to you by -
the Center for Entrepreneurship and Business Innovation (CEBI)
You must be an entrepreneurship major or minor to qualify. Teams are accepted as long as one student is an entrepreneurship major or minor.
Bring your idea or company forward for a chance to win cash prizes to help fund your startup. Selected candidates will be notified by December 15 and will give a live 2-minute pitch to a panel of judges during the week of January 29. The judge panel will consist of entrepreneurs, community experts and academics and will assess the viability of the ventures.
- Six finalists will be chosen by February 5, 2018.
- Live Pitch, with six (6) finalists, will be April 19, 2018.
- Coaching and feedback will be provided before, during and after the pitch to help prepare you for a quality pitch and successful business path.
The CEBIpitch application process and competition will advance in the following order:
- Submit applications online by December 1
- Applications are reviewed by a panel of judges
- The top applicants will be chosen, notified by December 15 and required to present a 2-minute pitch to a small panel of judges
- 2-minute audition-style pitches will take place the week of January 29 to determine the finalists
- Live Pitch Finalists will be notified by April 19
- Finalists will go through the mentoring process
- Final Pitch will take place at the KSU Hotel and Conference Center on Thursday, April 19
Each metric is scored on a "0-10" system:
- Product/Unique Selling Point
- Clearly defined a unique and sellable product or service
- Target Audience
- Demonstrated a sizable and attainable target market
- Identified a strong and competitive advantage
- Trust in Company/Product
- Company/product goals are reasonable and attainable
- Believable, likable and professional
TOTAL CASH PRIZES
4TH, 5TH, 6TH PLACE
Now that you've thoroughly read the requirements and progression of the competition, it's time to apply. If you have not read the requirements, please do so; they are crucial to your success in the competition.