The Executive MBA for Corporate Professionals Admission Criteria Includes:
Get Started Today
Contact us at 330-672-1225 or via the form to receive more information about our EMBA program.
- A minimum of seven years professional work experience.
- An undergraduate degree (not necessarily in business) from an accredited college or university.
- The candidate's two-year commitment to complete the program, and support by his/her employer.
- A basic knowledge of algebra and computer applications to include Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
Executive MBA Application Procedure
To be considered for admission to Kent State University's Executive MBA program, students must submit the following information online:
- Completed Application Form and $45 nonrefundable application fee (check made out to KSU).
- Official Transcripts - all applicants must have graduated from an accredited college or university.
- Letter of Recommendation Forms - used to assess academic or job performance. Three forms are required for application to the Executive MBA program. One should be from a senior executive in your organization and another from an immediate supervisor. The third letter should be from a colleague or someone familiar with your academic background.
- Statement of Goals and Objectives - one full page stating your goals/objectives for the program, used to assess career goals and written communication skills.
- If Required* - Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) official test scores
- Interview - required of all candidates submitting a completed application form. The EMBA office will schedule an appointment for a personal interview with the Director after the EMBA admissions committee has received all application materials.
*GMAT/GRE scores typically not required.
EMBA Admission Fees
With an Executive MBA program fully accredited by the AACSB, the premier accrediting body for education in business, Kent State University truly offers the most cost-effective, worthwhile EMBA degree in Northeast Ohio.
The competitively priced fee covers much more than just your tuition. It includes an international business trip (10-14 days abroad), parking permits, catered food service, graduation materials and so much more!
GMAT and GRE scores are not typically required.
For those applicants who will be required to take the GMAT, is now offered electronically. Simply call 1-800-717-GMAT to schedule the test at a center near you. The cost is $250, and a $50 fee will be charged for any rescheduling. There are many GMAT-prep books and software packages available to help in the review process. The GMAT Information Bulletin covers a variety of GMAT-related topics, and is available through the KSU Graduate Programs Office. KAPLAN offers a GMAT-prep software package and www.MBA.com also offers a practice test on line.
GMAT & GPA Admission Criteria
There is no minimum GMAT score or grade point average required for admission to the EMBA program. The admissions committee considers many factors as it evaluates prospective students, including work history, letters of reference, and other non-academic achievements. The admission process culminates with a personal interview to ensure that the candidate is a good fit for the program, and vice versa.
For those needing financial support, there are several loan programs available, including a privately sponsored national program.
For more information, contact:
Associate Director, Student Financial Aid
Phone: (330) 672-0531
Executive MBA Scholarship Program for Graduate Students
OBJECTIVE OF THE EXECUTIVE MBA SCHOLARSHIPS
Over the last few years we have had a large number of graduate students who were admitted to our Executive MBA program with excellent credentials but were unable to enroll due to financial constraints. We very much want these students in our class, and as a result we have decided to offer a limited number of scholarships to students with excellent credentials. The criteria listed below will be used by the Scholarship Committee in their determinations.
PROCESS OF EVALUATION FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
Using the criteria listed below, applicants for the scholarships will be evaluated by the scholarship committee. The scholarship committee will be comprised of Executive MBA alumni, business executives, and members of the academic community. The process may also include an interview for the finalists with some members of the committee.
Graduate students are encouraged to provide additional information which may have not been included in the application for admission to the EMBA program. Scholarship applicants will not be evaluated until AFTER their admission to the EMBA program.
CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
- ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS: Evidence of prior academic achievements such as undergraduate GPA, score on GMAT, and academic honors will be evaluated by the committee;
- APPLICANT'S PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Evidence of professional achievements will be rated using the resume and other materials provided by the scholarship applicants and in some cases, additional information obtained during the interview;
- LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION: From corporate executives, colleagues and others will be reviewed as evidence of professional and community accomplishments and service;
- PERSONAL LETTER FROM THE APPLICANT: The Executive MBA scholarship applicant should provide a one to two page letter detailing the reasons why she (or he) should receive a scholarship.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP
The dollar amount of the scholarship will vary; however, the maximum scholarship will be approximately 25% of the total EMBA program fee of $43,900.
QUALIFICATION FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
Employees of Kent State University and their eligible dependents or any other person who is eligible for a fee waiver at Kent State cannot receive this award.
SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE - ALL MATERIALS RELATED TO THE SCHOLARSHIP MUST BE POST MARKED BY JULY 1, DIRECTLY PRECEDING THE FIRST SEMESTER FOR THE COHORT.
The Executive MBA scholarship program is available to graduate students who need financial help to enroll, and scholarships will be awarded to each student based on criteria listed by the committee. *subject to board approval
Past Executive MBA Sponsorships
These organizations have provided tuition benefits to employees to earn an Executive MBA degree at Kent State:
A.C.T. Consulting, Inc.
Advanced Monobloc Corporation
Ajax Magnathermic Corporation
Akron City Hospital
Akron General Medical Center
Alar Products Inc.
Alcan Aluminum Corporation
Alexander and Thackaberry, Inc.
Alliance Community Hospital
Alliance Manufacturing Company, Inc.
Alltel Alpha Enterprises, Inc.
Alpha Metals, Inc.
American Business Computer Association
American Electric Power Service Corporation
Ameritect Applied Technologies
Annadale Scrap Company
Area Agency on Aging
Ashland Petroleum Company
Ashtabula County Family Services Agency
Automated Packaging Systems
B.F. Goodrich Company
Babcock and Wilcox
Barberton Citizens Hospital
Belden and Blake
Bethlehem Steel Corporation
Borg Warner Corporation
Buckeye Feed Mills, Inc.
Buckeye Packing Company, Inc.
Bull HN Information Systems
Camelot Music, Inc.
Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Cleveland Electric Illuminating Co.
Coastal Industries, Inc.
Columbiana Chemical Company
Community Drug Board, Inc.
Community Dialysis Center, Inc.
Cross Truck Equipment
Cuyahoga County Treasurer
Denman Rubber Manufacturing Company
Daniel E. Donley, CPA Incorporated
Davis Standard Division
Digital Equipment Corporation
East Ohio Gas Company
E&J Gallo Winery
Eltech Research Corporation
Essroc Materials, Inc.
Farmers National Bank and Trust Co.
Firestone Tire and Rubber Company
First American Savings Bank
First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Wooster
First National Bank of Massillon
First National Bank of Western Pennsylvania
Fisher Big Wheel
Ford Motor Company
General Electric Company
General Motors Corporation
General Tire, Inc.
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company
Guernsey Memorial Hospital
Holzheimer Interiors Incorporated
Home Health Care of America
Hunter Manufacturing Company
ITT Grinnell Corporation
J.D. Johnson Company
J&L Special Products Corporation
Keithley Instruments, Incorporated
Kevin Coleman Center, Incorporated
Luk Automotive Systems
Massillon Community Hospital
Matrix Essentials Incorporated
McGraw Edison Company
McLane Grocery Company
Medical Mutual of Cleveland
Merck & Co., Inc.
The Miller Brewing Company
MK Architectural Metal, Inc.
Monsanto Chemical Company
Molded Fiber Glass Companies
Mt. Sinai Health Institute
Namco Controls, Incorporated
National City Bank of Cleveland
Norandex Building Products
North Coast Distributing Inc.
North Coast Latex
Ohio Bell Company
Ohio Edison Company
Ohio Power Company
Olsher Metals Processing Corp
PCC Airfoils, Incorporated
Pennsylvania Crusher Corporation
Pennsylvania Electric Coil
Philip Morris, USA
Power Transmission Technology Inc.
R.D. Werner Company
R &F Coal Company
RMI Titanium Company
Reeves Banking and Trust Company
Reliance Electric Company
Roadway Logistics Systems
Roberts Express, Inc.
Robinson Memorial Hospital
S.R. Snodgrass and Company
Schrader Bellows A. Schulman Inc.
Scott and Feltzer Adalet - PLM Division
Second National Bank of Warren
Service Master Management Service
Sharon Regional Health System
St.Thomas Medical Center
Society National Bank
Stanadyne Stock Equipment
TRW Metals, Incorporated
Thomas Steel Corporation
Timken Mercy Medical Center
Tru-Fit Products Corporation
Trumbull Lumber Company
Trumbull Memorial Hospital
Union Carbide Corporation
University Hospitals of Cleveland
U.S. Soil Conservation Service
USX Corporation - U.S. Steel Division
Visiting Nurse Association of Cleveland
Western Reserve Care Systems/Northside Medical Center
Westinghouse Electric Corporation
Will-Burt Company, Incorporated
Yankee Exploration, Incorporated
Youngstown Hospital Association
Past Executive MBA sponsorships are listed alphabetically by company name. Learn how your company can become a sponsor for the Executive MBA program at Kent State University.