The Top 5 Industries Represented in the Kent EMBA Program
Get Started Today
Contact us at 330-672-EMBA or via the form below to receive more information about our EMBA program.
One of the benefits of an Executive MBA is that you don’t have to have a business background to enroll. The Kent State Executive MBA program attracts professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds and industries, allowing for greater diversity in each cohort.
Here are some of the most popular industries our students have backgrounds in, as well as a few of the companies for which they work:
- Automotive – The Timken Company
- Banking – PNC Financial Services, Park View Federal Savings Bank and Geauga Savings Bank
- Food –Nestlé, The J. M. Smucker Company and AVI Foodsystems
- Government – Stark County, Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) and the Mayor of Ravenna
- Healthcare – The Cleveland Clinic, Catholic Health Partners, Akron General Hospital
Why Background Diversity is Important in the EMBA Program
At Kent State, we try to maximize the diversity of each Executive MBA cohort because we understand the importance of being able to learn from your peers as well as your professors.
With a background in education, alumnus Barry Wardle said he found the diversity to be invaluable when it came to the coursework and projects throughout the program.
“The different point of view that everyone can lend to [class projects] really teaches you to see a broader view as you’re going through it and preparing,” Wardle said. “The guidance that they had, the advice that they had as we went through things, it was really just an invaluable part of the experience.”
Learn more about Barry’s EMBA experience below:
To learn more about the experiences of our alumni, be sure to attend one of our upcoming information sessions.