Vaneet Kaur, Ph.D. is an assistant professor of Management at Ambassador Crawford College of Business and Entrepreneurship, Kent State University. Before joining Kent State, Kaur worked at University of Texas at Dallas, delivering instructions in the areas of organizations, strategy, and international management. She earned a Ph.D. in Business Management, MBA in International Business, and Bachelor of Commerce from University of Jammu, India. She is a President of India Gold Medal Awardee, Government of India Research Fellow, and one of the youngest Ph.D.’s of her region. She is the author of the book “Knowledge-Based Dynamic Capabilities.” She has authored research papers in top-tier journals and continues to share her expertise by serving on the editorial boards of academic journals.
MBA in International Business;
Bachelor of Commerce
- Kaur, V. (2023). “Knowledge-Based Dynamic Capabilities: A Scientometric Analysis of Marriage between Knowledge Management and Dynamic Capabilities”. Journal of Knowledge Management.
- Kaur, V. (2023). “Multinational Orchestration: A Meta-theoretical Approach Towards Global Competitiveness”. Critical Perspectives on International Business, 19(2), 206-233.
- Kaur, V. (2023). “Managerial Attention and Knowledge-Based Dynamic Capabilities: A Meta-theoretical Approach to Competitive Advantage”. Journal of General Management.
- van den Berg, H., Kaur, V. (2022). “Individual Knowledge Measurement: Organizational Knowledge Measured at the Individual Level”. Journal of Knowledge Management, 26(6), 1409-1437.
- Thacker, D., Berardi, V., Kaur, V., Blundell, G. (2021). “Business Students as Citizen Developers: Assessing Technological Self-Conception and Readiness”. Information Systems Education Journal, 19(5), 16.
- Kaur, V. (2020). "Knowledge-Based Dynamic Capabilities: The Panacea for Pandemic". California Management Review, UC Berkeley.
- Kaur, V. (2020). "Knowledge-Based Dynamic Capabilities: Addressing the Knowns and Unknowns of Corona Chaos". California Management Review, UC Berkeley.
- Kaur, V. (2020). "Frugal Innovation: Knowledge-Based Dynamic Capabilities and Pandemic Response". California Management Review, UC Berkeley.
- Kaur, V. (2019). "Knowledge-Based Dynamic Capabilities: The Road Ahead in Gaining Organizational Competitiveness". ISBN: 978303021648. Springer International Publishing: Switzerland.
- Kaur, V., Mehta, V. (2018). “Knowledge Management Process Capabilities for Competitive Advantage: A Comparison of IT Multinationals in India”. Journal of Indian Management & Strategy, 23(1), 22-31.
- Kaur, V., Mehta, V. (2017). “Dynamic Capabilities for Competitive Advantage: A Comparative Study of IT Multinationals in India”. Paradigm, 21(1), 1-27.
- Kaur, V., Mehta, V. (2017). “Exploring the Role of Knowledge-Based Dynamic Capabilities in Creating Sustainable Competitive Advantage for Destinations” In Integrated Approach for Sustainable Tourism: Issues & Challenges: Black Prints, New Delhi, 79-97. IS
- Kaur, V., Mehta, V. (2016). “Knowledge-Based Dynamic Capabilities: A New Perspective for Achieving Global Competitiveness in IT Sector”. Pacific Business Review International, 1(3), 96-106.
- Kaur, V., Mehta, V. (2016). “Leveraging Knowledge Processes for Building Higher-Order Dynamic Capabilities: An Empirical Evidence from IT Sector in India”. Journal of Indian Management & Strategy, 21(3), 37-47.
- Government of India – Maulana Azad National Fellow
- Gold Medal Awardee: Received Gold Medal from the Hon'ble President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee for being a topper in the Faculty of Business Studies for Master of Business Administration in University of Jammu, India
- Silver Medal Awardee: Received Silver medal from Governor of Jammu & Kashmir for securing second position in Bachelor of Commerce in University of Jammu
- Young Achiever Award, Chamber of Commerce, Jammu
- Meritorious Paper Award for manuscript titled, "Assessing Technological Self-Conception: Are Business Students Ready to be Citizen Developers?" presented at ISCAP-EDSIGCON, USA
- Design Innovation Faculty Fellow, Kent State University
- Finalist, Distinguished Teaching Award, Kent State University at Stark
- Summer Teaching Development Grant, University Teaching Council - Kent State University
- Recognized as a Featured Faculty by Center of Teaching and Learning, Kent State University for ability to create a learning environment in which students are active participants in creating their own knowledge