The Aeronautics Careers Education Academy is designed to allow high school students to experience facilities rarely open to the public. In a partnership with the Six District Educational Compact, this annual week-long program for 25 students entering grades 10-12 exposes students to a wide variety of career opportunities in the fields of aeronautics and aerospace engineering, including Air Traffic Control (ATC), professional pilot, aviation management, and aeronautical engineering.
Are you interested in: Piloting your own aircraft? Experiencing the day-to-day operations of a real-world, highly sophisticated air traffic control tower? Participating in an exclusive, behind-the-scenes tour of an operating airport?
If the answer is yes, register now for this tuition-based, week-long program designed to allow high school students to experience facilities rarely open to the public. This unique aeronautics week is sanctioned by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and registered students receive clearance allowing them access.
- Visit the Ohio National Guard Unit at Akron Canton Airport and the Military Aviation Preservation Museum (MAPS), and a possible visit to the Goodyear Airship
- Get a behind-the-scenes, personal tour of the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport including regional operations center not open to the public, and the new, state-of-the-art Cleveland Hopkins Air Traffic Control Tower and Radar Center. Learn about Airport Management, Aviation Security. Hear a presentation by a professional pilot and learn about corporate aviation.
- Explore the inside of a 737 and see a corporate jet
- Learn about the aerodynamics fixed wing flight and rotary flight
- Try hands-on experiences, including building and launching a high powered rocket, in Kent State University’s aeronautics engineering labs and flight simulation
- Fly a Kent State University single engine Cessna with a KSU flight instructor at the Kent State University Airport
The tuition cost is $225 for Six District Educational Compact students (students in the Cuyahoga Falls, Hudson, Kent, Stow-Munroe Falls, Tallmadge, Woodridge School Districts) and $275 for non-Compact students. For more information, call the for Six District Educational Compact at 330-655-2247. Payment can be made online or via check.
Please mail checks to:
Six District Educational Compact
33 Milford Rd. Suite 1
Hudson, Ohio 44236
Deadline May 8, 2019. Limited to 25 students. Please choose one option: Register and pay by mailing a check or register and pay online.
Required Orientation Meeting
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 7:00pm at the Aeronautics and Technology Building, Kent State University. Students and their parent(s)/guardian(s) must attend to learn about the final details and sign important forms.