SkyHack is a weekend long event in which student teams come together to provide a solution to a challenge or “pain point” relating to the aviation/aeronautics industry. Fusing left and right brain thinking, students will collaborate across majors and personal areas of interest to formulate creative and analytical solutions.
This event will take place in the Design Innovation (DI) Hub on the Kent State University Kent Campus. Activities throughout the weekend (e.g. opening and closing ceremonies) may take place in other buildings on campus.
- Students from any college or university with any major may participate
- It is strongly recommended that students bring a resume. A resume book will be given to the top sponsors.
- Students may come with a team or form a team when they arrive
- Each team will choose a challenge it will work on during the weekend
- The event is FREE to participants
Participants will have access to supplies and labs within the DI Hub, although bringing your own laptop or tablet is highly recommended. Mentors and industry experts will be on hand to offer assistance.
There will be spaces in the DI Hub designated as quiet areas for participants who wish to sleep, but no other sleeping accommodations will be provided. Participants are encouraged to bring sleeping bags.
Food is provided throughout the weekend.
Participants will have access to the Student Recreation and Wellness Center (showers, exercise equipment, etc.) for the weekend.
There may be some travel reimbursement funds available for participants who are not from the area.
- Prizes are TBD
Students: Register to Participate
Community: Register to Volunteer, Mentor, or Judge