About the College of Aeronautics and Engineering
The College of Aeronautics and Engineering (CAE) is one of the eleven colleges of Kent State University, with approximately 1,000 students and near double-digit growth in recent years. As one of its fastest growing colleges, the university has committed strong support to expand its programs. Kent State has constructed a new 55,000 square foot building for the college. The Aeronautics and Technology Building (ATB) is located at 1400 Lefton Esplanade. Directions
History of the College
The technology programs at Kent started as early as 1913 when space was allocated on campus for “manual training” as an integral component for the preparation of teachers at Kent State Normal School. In 1995, the Independent School of Technology was established as an integrated eight campus academic unit. The Independent School of Technology consisted of three academic units, namely: Division of Aeronautics, Division of Applied Business and Technology, and the Division of Applied Science and Technology. In 2006, the School of Technology achieved College status and became the College of Technology. In 2011, all technology programs associated with regional campuses were separated from the Kent Campus and became part of the newly formed Regional College. In July 2012, the name of the College of Technology was changed to the College of Applied Engineering, Sustainability, and Technology to reflect the changing mission of the College toward development of new applied engineering and sustainability programs. In July 2017, the name College of Aeronautics and Engineering was chosen.