Girls in Aviation Day
This free event for girls in grades 4-12 will teach students about aviation careers, providing hands-on experiences that will help determine if a career in aeronautics is in the future.
Kent State University's College of Aeronautics and Engineering will host a free event to bring the excitement of aviation and aerospace to all girls grades 4-12.
Women in Aviation chapters across the globe and Kent State partner to connect you with other girls who are excited about aviation or want to learn more about it.
Bring a brown bag lunch and enjoy this hands-on experience at the Kent State University Airport. Girl Scouts who attend will earn a WAI Aviation badge! Troop leaders or parent/adult chaperone must remain with the youth attendees through the event. Register as a group or an individual.
At the event, you will:
- Explore the opportunities for working in the aviation and aerospace industry
- Simulate a flight
- See a rocket launch
- Learn about jobs at the airport
- Talk like a pilot when you say the alphabet
- Hear what it's like to be a professional pilot
- Check out different kinds of airplanes
- Use tools that an aircraft mechanic uses
- Navigate using an aviation sectional chart
We hope to see you there.