Girls in Aviation Day
We are eager to host Girls in Aviation Day in 2019. The event will be postponed in 2018 due to construction of the Aeronautics Academic Center at the Kent State University Airport.
Kent State University's College of Aeronautics and Engineering will host a free event to bring the excitement of aviation and aerospace to all girls grades 4-12.
Women in Aviation chapters across the globe and Kent State partner to connect you with other girls who are excited about aviation or want to learn more about it.
Bring a brown bag lunch and enjoy this hands-on experience at the Kent State University Airport. Girl Scouts who attend will earn a WAI Aviation badge! Troop leaders or parent/adult chaperone must remain with the youth attendees through the event. Register as a group or an individual.
At the event, you will:
- Explore the opportunities for working in the aviation and aerospace industry
- Simulate a flight
- See a rocket launch
- Learn about jobs at the airport
- Talk like a pilot when you say the alphabet
- Hear what it's like to be a professional pilot
- Check out different kinds of airplanes
- Use tools that an aircraft mechanic uses
- Navigate using an aviation sectional chart
We hope to see you there.