Goals of the Manual
The goals of this manual are to:
- Introduce, teach, and inform students of the importance of high-quality writing to their discipline and their own professionalism.
- Supplement the assessment processes of the college’s different program outcomes.
- Provide quality control measures encouraged by accreditation organizations, especially with regard to written and oral communication.
This document discusses and provides examples of technical documentation, preferred citation styles, with tips for technical writing.
Lastly, this manual provides examples of different types of academic assignments students might expect to encounter in the different courses offered in this college.
- Homework example and considerations.
- Technical presentation template and guide.
- Technical report template.
- Non-technical report template.
- Sample business case study.
- Computer code example and considerations.