5 -10 Days Typically
Note: It takes time to 3D print objects. Please plan accordingly.
$0.08 per gram
pieces are weighed with all support material
3D Printing is for studio/class purposes only. We will not print personal projects or gift items such as action figures, novelty items or trinkets.
3D Printing Guidelines
Think of 3D printing as a hot glue gun that is controlled by a robot that lays down material one layer at a time and builds upon itself. With this in mind there are a few guidelines to keep in mind before considering 3D printing as a fabrication method.
- Overhangs, cantilevers or any unsupported surface will need to have supports printed underneath it. Models with an abundance of negative space will not turn out well.
- Models with very small bottom layers have a difficult time adhering to the print surface and have high probability of failure.
- Tall thin stand alone walls are difficult to print and are prone to being knocked over during the printing process
- Do not submit small city scapes with small boxes as buildings. These are surprisingly difficult to print and very time consuming.
- Please don't submit simple shapes such as plain cylinders or boxes. These items can take a long time to print and can be more easily fabricated with different methods.
- 3D printers do very well with complex shapes and curves.
- All of our prints are made from PLA plastic which takes sanding and painting well.
Build Plate Dimensions
200mm W x 200mm D x 200mm T
Ultimaker 2+ Extended and 3+ Extended
200mm W x 200mm D x 300mm T
Prusa I3 Mrk3
240mm W x 200mm D x 200mm T