5 -10 Days Typically
Note: It takes time to 3D print objects. Please plan accordingly.
$0.04 per gram
pieces are weighed with all support material
3D Printing is for studio/class purposes only. We will not print personal projects or gift items such as action figures, novelty items or trinkets.
Before You Submit
Download Cura (Free slicing software we use)
Download the cura settings profile we use. CAED Default Profile
Time and Cost: Drag and drop your STL model into Cura. At the bottom right you will find a fairly accurate estimate of print time and weight which can be used to calculate the cost by multiplying by $0.04.
Check Layer View: At the top you'll find a drop down menu. Change that from "Solid View" to "Layer View." A "Color Scheme" box will appear in Layer View, change that to "Line Type" to see the difference between your model and support material. Go through the model in layers by using the slider on the right to ensure your model looks correct. The Layer View shows what the printer will actually print. Often, poorly made STL files will look fine in Solid View but print incorrectly which can be seen in Layer View.
3D Print Sign up Waiting List
3D Printing Guidelines
Think of 3D printing as a hot glue gun that is controlled by a robot that lays down material one layer at a time and builds upon itself. With this in mind there are a few guidelines to keep in mind before considering 3D printing as a fabrication method.
- Overhangs, cantilevers or any unsupported surface will need to have supports printed underneath it. Models with an abundance of negative space will not turn out well.
- Models with very small bottom layers have a difficult time adhering to the print surface and have high probability of failure.
- Tall thin stand alone walls are difficult to print and are prone to being knocked over during the printing process
- 3D prints with a lot of empty space will require many supports resulting in long and expensive prints. Consider chopping these types of prints into several parts.
- All of our prints are made from PLA plastic which takes sanding and painting well.
Build Plate Dimensions
200mm W x 200mm D x 200mm T
Ultimaker 2+ Extended and 3+ Extended
200mm W x 200mm D x 300mm T
Prusa I3 Mrk3
240mm W x 200mm D x 200mm T
280mm W x 280mm D x 350mm T