Career Ready - Race to the Offer
Date: Apr. 11, 2017 (Tuesday)
Time: 7- 9 p.m.
Location: Schwartz Center Auditorium
Grand Prize sponsored by
The Career Ready - Race to the Offer event will give students the opportunity to compete to show off their career readiness skills. Participants will compete in four categories, focused on attire and interviewing skills.
- Participants will be judged based on a rubric by a panel of university administrators and employer representatives to determine the most Career Ready student.
- A popular vote will also be conducted to determine an additional winner.
- Career Ready winner will receive a giftcard worth $250, sponsored by Enterprise, to purchase professional attire.
- Winner will also receive a Career Ready Certificate.
- Participants will receive smaller prizes.
- This is a registered FlashPerks event and you may earn 100 points for attending.
- Students will increase knowledge of appropriate business attire for different types of work settings: Business Formal and Business Casual.
- Students will identify clothing choices based on professional setting.
- Students will enhance knowledge of appropriate displays of individualism in a professional setting.
- Students will learn about the Career Exploration and Development services.
- Students will get an opportunity to network with employer partners.
- Students will be gain knowledge about challenging interview questions and appropriate answers.
Apply to Participate
- For more information and to register to be a participant, click on: Career Ready - Race to the Offer
- 15 participants will be chosen by Event Planning Committee based on resume submitted to job posting.
- To learn how to write a resume, please look at our resume writing resources.
- You are welcome to have a Career Advisor look over your resume in daily drop-in hours (Monday - Thursday: 2-4 pm and Tuesday - Friday: 11-12:30 pm).
- Deadline to submit application to participate is Friday, March 31, at 5 PM.
- For questions, contact Career Exploration and Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-672-2360
University Closure and Cancellation of Classes: If the university is closed due to inclement weather, (see the Kent State Advisory page), this event will not be held. If classes only have been cancelled, also visit the Advisory page for updates regarding the status of this event. If the event is cancelled, Career Exploration and Development will communicate with employers, students and alumni regarding next-steps when the university reopens.