Connect the Dots Between Academics & Your Future Career
This list of academic stepping stones is also addressed in the Advising & Important To Dos section of this website. However, they are worth repeating in connectivity to your career planning.
- Got 15? Registering and successfully completing at least 15 credit hours each semester puts you one step closer to graduating on time — and landing that job you're working so hard to achieve.
- Meet with an advisor to lock into your Got 15? plan, choose classes that support your major and career or to determine a major. He or she can also help you explore internships and education-abroad opportunities that will make your resume shine. Reminder, this is required.
- Stay on track with your advisor during your time at Kent State.
- Follow your roadmap and audit plan through the Graduation Planning System (GPS). GPS tracks student progress to graduation. GPS includes all requirements for earning a degree in the declared program.
- Plan ahead and take advantage of My Time to Register. You can flag your calendar now, check your Dynamic Checklist in FlashLine and watch for a reminder email, too.
- With Success Coaching, you can begin developing your goals based on your interests for getting connected and for creating a healthy student and life balance.