Resume And Cover Letter Samples
Career Services Center
261 Schwartz Center
The attached resume and letter samples are provided to assist you with ideas for layout and content for creating your own, one of a kind resume and cover letter.
CHRONOLOGICAL RESUMES (Pages 2 – 15)
Miscellaneous layout/content samples
FUNCTIONAL RESUME (Page 16)
A functional resume is beneficial when:
• much of your work has been volunteer, free-lance, consulting, or temporary
• you have a variety of different, relatively disconnected work experiences
• career growth has been stagnant or there has been an extended absence
• making a career change and you want to emphasize skills not recently utilized
• you are a mature professional with extensive expertise and many work experiences
A functional resume is NOT beneficial when:
• a career growth pattern is able to be demonstrated
• listing specific employers is important, as in highly traditional fields
• a limited number of functions have been performed
• recent employers are highly prestigious
REFERENCES PAGE (Page 17)
View a sample format for providing names of references with your resume.
COVER LETTERS (Pages 18 – 22)
Do not feel like you need to reinvent the wheel.
Gain inspiration from a few examples in order to develop your own cover letters.