COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES LEARNING COMMUNITY
Thank you for your interest in the College of Arts and Sciences LLC.
The CAS LLC requires a separate application from that of the housing application. There is a maximum of 100 first-year, Arts and Sciences students that will be selected to join the LLC. Applications must be fully completed by Friday, April 24 to receive consideration. If you have any questions please contact Ed Butch at email@example.com.
- Strong high school GPA and ACT/SAT scores
- Reside in Wright Hall
- Complete a minimum of 3 hours of studying in the LLC space each week
- All students accepted in to the LLC will a reserved section of UC 10097: First Year Experience during your first semester. This course will take place in the Wright Hall LCC Classroom.
What is a learning community?
Learning communities provide students with an opportunity to study, live, and network with peers who share their interests. Students in the CAS Learning Community live in Wright Hall, have access to common areas for studying and other events, benefit from events planned specifically around their interests and goals, and form professional relationships with upper class student mentors. Students also take UC 10097: First Year Experience (orientation course) together, providing them with a ready community for discussions, studying, and sharing of ideas.
Why should I participate?
Students living and learning in these communities begin their college career with a network of smart, engaged, and motivated learners. Building friendships with peers who share interests, who may have similar career objectives, and who are at the same stage of course work, provides a network unparalleled in the college experience. We have found that students in learning communities are often also members in other student organizations and active participants in the life of the Kent State community.
What are the benefits of joining the cas llc?
- Community-based events, including career-oriented sessions
- 1 academic-related event per month
- Fun, social events
- Common course - UC 10097: First Year Experience
- Residing together in Wright Hall