Before you leave and upon arrival in Florence, you'll participate in an orientation designed to help you make the most out of your study abroad experience.
- Takes place here in Kent the semester prior to the one you will spend in Florence.
- The class meets once per week for eight weeks.
- The dates were chosen as the most advantageous time to complete all the necessary paperwork and prepare for departure.
Pre-departure course content includes:
- Getting to know your cohort (soon to be your family for a semester)
- Registering for the courses you’ll take in Florence
- Applying for and securing Italian student visas, and completing other necessary paperwork
- Visits from a university attorney and a financial aid counselor to discuss legal and financial matters
- Visits from alumni of the program to provide advice on planning, packing, food, travel, life in Florence, and everything else you want to know about.
Florence arrival orientation goals
- Orient yourself to the city of Florence.
- Develop awareness you need to observe and learn from different cultures.
- Discover the businesses and organizations in Florence.
- Access the tools you will need to succeed academically, personally and safely within the policies and responsibilities of the 17-week program.