In this 2.5-day workshop, you’ll get a foundational understanding of the User Experience Design discipline, as well as an introduction to the tools and techniques actual industry professionals use to create great, user-friendly products.
You can immediately apply what you’ve learned through a hands-on mock project, creating deliverables through each phase. A team of UX practitioners will provide coaching to help guide your work and refine your approach.
Attendees will receive a certificate upon completion of the workshop and will be able to immediately put into practice their new thought processes and skills to support and advance their current careers and projects.
Location: IdeaBase, 138 E Main St #203, Kent, OH 44240
Dates/Times: Wednesday, Oct. 24 and Thursday, Oct. 25: 8:30 am-4:30 pm; Friday, Oct. 26: 8:30 am-12 pm
Pricing: $995/person (Early Bird: $795 until September 15)
- Overview of User Experience Design - Where it came from and what it looks like today
- The Design Thinking Phases, including:
- Research (conduct user interviews and personas)
- Plan (create storyboards and sitemaps)
- Design (create sketches and wireframes)
- Test (conduct usability testing)
- Deliver (compile findings reports and recommendations)
- Software options
- Real world examples of user-centered design failing and the implications to its users
- Informative Ted Talks
- Game-based learning
Skills You'll Learn:
- Knowledge of what user experience research and design methods and processes exist and how they are used to create user-centered solutions.
- An understanding of how human perception, cognition, and motivations affect adoption and use of software applications and digital hardware devices.
- The ability to prototype a mobile or web-based application and plan an assessment of the prototype.