Faculty are required to advise and counsel undergraduate and graduate students on academic matters.  Individual Faculty members are responsible for providing academic counseling to undergraduate students assigned to them and to other undergraduate students who seek such advice, as needed.  Student advising at the graduate level is conducted by the student's thesis/dissertation advisor, the student’s thesis/dissertation committee members, and the Coordinator of Graduate Studies.  In order to assist in student advising, Faculty members must maintain current knowledge of University, College, and Department programs and requirements.