The Associate of Applied Business degree in Accounting Technology provides students with a broad range of practical accounting and communication skills and teamwork experience. These combined skills prepare students for immediate entry into the accounting technology field in numerous environments, including manufacturing, retail, service and governmental organizations. Requirements articulate with select bachelor's degrees.
This Program is Right For You If
- You enjoy using mathematics to solve problems
- You work with logic, reasoning and data
- You have customer and personal service skills
This Program Will Teach You To
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to analyze and record business transactions, prepare financial statements and complete all other procedural steps in the accounting cycle of a company.
- Identify different manufacturing costs, record transactions to reflect the cost flow of a manufacturing company and prepare various management reports.
- Prepare individual tax returns (manual and electronic).
- Maintain accounting records of a company utilizing a general ledger software package.