Apply to Occupational Therapy Assistant Technical Study
Find out more about our Occupational Therapy Assistant Technology Program and discover why you belong here!
- Admission Requirements
- Course Sequence
- Essential Functions
- Professional Background Checks
- Selection Process
- Transfer Credit
- Tuition and Fees
In order to be eligible for the OCAT Class of 2023, which begins Fall 2021, students must complete all program admission requirements and submit the application form and essay. Acceptance into the program is a selective process, as outlined in the program's information packet.
Applications are now closed. Please check back later for more information or contact our office at 330-382-7457
Receipt of your application is verified by an email sent to your kent.edu email address after review by the OTA department. You may also call 330-382-7457 to confirm receipt.
Along with the online application, please upload a one-page typed essay addressing the following:
- Discuss a client/patient you observed during your observation hours/alternate assignment and describe the impact OT had on that individual.
Before you attempt the online application, please make sure you have read the Application Information Packet and have completed your essay. Please only complete the application one time.
Essays will be accepted in Microsoft Word or as a PDF file.
* Important Note: A felony conviction may affect a graduate's ability to sit for the NBCOT Certification examination or obtain state licensure.
THE FOLLOWING DATES HAVE BEEN UPDATED ON 3/19/2020 TO REFLECT THE CURRENT STATE OF EMERGENCY DUE TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS.
Because this continues to be an on-going issue and things change from day to day, please note that these dates are ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE. You may contact the OTA Program Director Kathy Swoboda at email@example.com or OTA Program Advisor Nina Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
We understand that many of our prospective applicants are having challenges completing the required 16 observation hours required to apply to the program. If you have not completed all traditional observation hours, please contact Nina at email@example.com immediately for a required alternate assignment due by the application deadline. If possible, please complete the alternate assignment prior to starting the application so you can answer all pertinent questions.
Other Dates: Please note that ALL dates are SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- May 19, 2021 - Review all submitted OTA applications
- May 21, 2021 - Final decisions on admissions into the OTA Program at East Liverpool
- May 25, 2021 - All applicants will receive determination emails / letters
- May 25, 2021 - Register for summer session of A&P I, if needed
- Summer 2021 - New student orientation (date TBD)
Fall Courses Begin: August 26, 2021