Students can complete both an associate and bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, either fully online or through a combination of online and on-campus coursework.
The Associate of Applied Business degree in Information Technology provides students with a core curriculum of programming, operating systems and networks, website development, hardware, security fundamentals, and workgroup productivity technologies.
The degree program articulates to the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree and the certificate in Computer Forensics and Information Security.
The Information Technology major comprises the following concentrations:
- The Application Development Technology concentration prepares students for various professional certifications and positions such as computer programmer/application developer using industry-standard languages and technologies.
- The General Technology concentration prepares students for various professional certifications and entry level positions in which the computer staff are expected to perform a wide variety of technical duties.
- The Internet/Multimedia Technology concentration prepares students for various professional certifications and positions in Web development, social media and digital media.
- The Network Technology concentration prepares students for various professional certifications and positions in tech support and networking including the design, installation, and improvement of computer networks and related hardware/software.
THIS PROGRAM IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF
- You enjoy learning about new and upcoming technologies.
- You like to help people and have good communication skills.
- You like a balance of working with your hands and in an office setting.
THIS PROGRAM WILL TEACH YOU
- Demonstrate core IT competency in networking and convergence; servers, storage, and virtualization; client computing and user support; digital media and immersive technology; database and information management; and programming and application development.
- Function effectively as a member of a diverse team to accomplish common goals.
- Read and interpret technical information, as well as listen effectively to, communicate orally with, and write clearly for a wide range of audiences.
- Engage in continuous learning as well as research and assess new ideas and information to provide the capabilities for lifelong learning.
- Exhibit professional, legal and ethical behavior.
- Demonstrate business awareness and workplace effectiveness.