The Associate of Applied Business degree in Office Technology focuses primarily on front-end office functions, where employees use technology for daily job responsibilities that may include producing business documents, designing presentations, generating data reports and creating financial spreadsheets. Students use the most current versions of business software applications and learn the fundamentals of accounting, automated records management, business communications and resource management.
Graduates gain a wide variety of computer application skills needed for gainful employment in office administrative support positions, including office assistant, accounting clerk, office manager, administrative coordinator, executive administrative and administrative assistant–technology.
This Program is Right For You If
- You have attention to detail
- You have good problem solving skills
- You enjoy people, have good communication and customer service skills
This Program Will Teach You
- Organize, manage and analyze critical business data using spreadsheet and database software.
- Create state-of-the-art documents, using design guidelines, terminology and basic publication concepts of industry standards.
- Import and integrate data from their original software to another for upgraded usage.
- Determine the most appropriate software to use in creating specific business documents that meet industry standards for mailing.
- Contrast, compare and adapt to forces that influence emerging management practices.
- Manage the people, productivity, technology and environment within the administrative function of an organization.
- Integrate coursework with realistic office settings, emphasizing the total quality management environment.
- Use multiple channels used in business to communicate with others
- Participate in the activities of various businesses to determine the variety of job responsibilities assigned to employees in their profession; develop job search strategies for use in their outreach activities.
- Track and provide administrative support in managing projects, using software designed for this specific purpose.
- Examine, describe and exercise various leadership, decision-making and motivational skills.