Bachelor of Applied Horticulture
Why Choose the Bachelor of Applied Horticulture Degree?
- Prepare for a management position or to establish a business in the green industry.
- Learn from experienced horticulture faculty in a variety of specialized teaching environments, such as a laboratory, greenhouse, arboretum and gardens.
- Gain hands-on experience with on-site instruction, fieldwork and an internship.
- Develop managerial-level expertise in landscape architecture, urban ecology, sports turf management, various areas in landscape design, plant propagation and nursery operation.
- Gain technical and professional depth, plus business management skills.
- If you have completed the Associate of Applied Science in horticulture technology, credits can transfer seamlessly into the Bachelor of Applied Horticulture degree.
- Ohio is one of the top six horticulture providers in the United States with over $4 billion in sales.
- Landscape contractors employ 12,000 to 15,000 people every year in Ohio alone.
- Urban forestry is one of the top five horticulture markets in the country.
ADVISOR CONTACT INFORMATION