Clone of English - Example
The Bachelor of Arts degree in English allows students to focus on topics of personal interest while developing a broad background in English studies. All students take core classes, surveying English and American literatures and approaches to literary study. They also choose from a wide variety of elective courses in three areas (historical; writing and language studies; and genre studies, cultural studies and literary theory) and complete a capstone senior seminar. Students can participate in the English Club and Sigma Tau Delta and earn various scholarships and awards.
This Program is Right For You If
- Proin in dolor id mi vulputate eleifend.
- Quisque sit amet lacinia mauris.
- Praesent accumsan neque orci, non mattis tortor blandit a.
This Program Will Teach You
- Demonstrate specialized knowledge/skills in three area of study: historical; writing and language; and genre studies, cultural studies and literary theory.
- Demonstrate knowledge of research tools and methods in the field of English studies.
- Demonstrate reading skills that emphasize careful analytical and critical thought.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce literary and non-literary texts with attention to academic conventions regarding format, documentation, style, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand a variety of critical theories and apply these to the study of literature.
- Demonstrate the ability to write, with a special emphasis on interpretive and evaluative writing about texts in a variety of critical formats.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete a long written project with the application of appropriate critical approaches, the mastery of basic literary research methods and the awareness of rhetorical context and discourse functions.