Clone of Physical Therapist Assistant Technology - Example
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Physical Therapist Assistant Technology provides students with the knowledge, skills and behaviors necessary to become licensed or certified as a physical therapist assistant, who work under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist. Licensure or certification in most states requires graduation from an accredited program, background clearances and passing the National Physical Therapy Examination.
The integrated curriculum includes lecture, lecture/lab, seminar and practicum courses. Major course content is cumulative and taught in four sequential semesters in a two year cycle. The technical study curriculum requires student to be on campus or in the clinic three to five days per week each term.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Technology major includes the following optional concentration:
- The Athletic Trainers Transition concentration is for board-certified athletic trainers and may be completed, at minimum, in 15 months. The concentration adds the skills and knowledge of a physical therapist assistant to the certified athletic trainers knowledge and skill competency. The concentration is offered primarily online and requires six three-day in person on the Ashtabula Campus to conduct laboratory assignments. In addition, students must complete a minimum 640 hours of clinical education, which, typically, can be arranged anywhere in the country.
This Program is Right For You If
- Proin in dolor id mi vulputate eleifend.
- Quisque sit amet lacinia mauris.
- Praesent accumsan neque orci, non mattis tortor blandit a.
This Program Will Teach You
- Provide appropriate and effective physical therapy interventions within the plan of care established by a physical therapist.
- Effectively communicate with others, teaching or instructing when appropriate.
- Produce legal and ethical documentation to meet professional expectations and the needs of third party payers.
- Ethically manage fiscal and human resources to provide high-quality, efficient and cost-effective physical therapy services.
- Consistently demonstrate the value-based behaviors of a physical therapy assistant; altruism, caring and compassion, continuing competence, duty, integrity, physical therapist/physical therapy assistant collaboration, responsibility and social responsibility.