"The uncertainties of the present always give way to the enchanted possibilities of the future.” –Gelsey Kirkland
May 2018 Commencement Ceremony Information
- Please check this page carefully to ensure you are ready for graduation
- Summer 2017, Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 graduates will all be recognized and are invited to participate in Commencement.
- The 2018 Commencement Ceremony will be held on Friday, May 11, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. at the Crestview Performing Arts Center in Columbiana, OH
- Graduates need to arrive at the ceremony 45 minutes prior to the commencement.
- The deadline to RSVP for the Columbiana County Campuses Ceremony will be Friday, March 23, 2018
- A reception with light refreshments will be held immediately prior to the ceremony from 5- 6 p.m. for graduates, their family and friends.
Graduates with a Disability and Seating for guests with Disabilities
- Please notify Lisa Curran at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2018 if you or a guest need a disability-related accommodation. Accessible seating will be provided upon request.
- Kent State University is committed to making its work environment, programs, and activities accessible to individuals with disabilities. For faculty and staff accessibility needs, contact Lisa Curran at 330-337-4190. For student accessibility needs, contact Danielle Baker-Rose, Student Accessibility Services, at 330-337-4214 or email@example.com.
KENT CAMPUS UNIVERSITY-WIDE CEREMONY
- Any student receiving an associate, bachelor’s, master’s, or a doctoral degree from any one of the eight campuses may attend.
- Students may attend BOTH their regional campus commencement on Friday evening and the university-wide ceremony on Saturday.
- The university-wide ceremony will be held in addition to the college ceremonies currently hosted each spring at the Regional and Kent campuses. Students must RSVP separately to each event. (Spring 2018 candidates can access the RSVP to the Kent Campus ceremony by logging into Flashline)
- Questions? Contact the Office of University Ceremonies at firstname.lastname@example.org.