DKS Guide Text only
Your Guide to Destination Kent State
Destination Kent State (DKS) is a one-day event for incoming freshmen and transfer students. During the event, you will connect with campus faculty and staff, set goals, explore opportunities and have a great time meeting new friends.
Students will attend a session with the campus Dean and then attend four workshops covering a variety of topics essential to student success. In addition, students are welcome to each bring one guest to join them during the event.
We're excited to see you at this important event. Welcome to the Golden Flash family!
- 8:30 - 9:15 a.m. Check-in
- 9:15 - 9:45 a.m. How to College
- 9:45 - Noon Break Out Sessions
- Money, Money, Money
- Tech Talks
- Balancing Act
- Campus Hacks
- Stand By Me
- Noon- 12:30 p.m. Lunch
- 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. Break Out Sessions Continued
- 1:15 - 2 p.m. Scavenger Hunt
- 2 p.m. Check-out
What to Bring?
- Casual clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- Umbrella (rain or shine, you may do some campus navigating during your visit)
- Paper and pen/pencil
- Photo ID to obtain your student ID card (Flashcard), if you haven't already
- Your Fall 2018 schedule of classes
- Jacket or sweater (our buildings are heated but may still be chilly)
- Your FlashLine username (Kent State University email address) and password
Directions and Parking
Parking at both campuses is free!
- Login and regularly check your FlashLine account
- Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible
Visit www.kent.edu/columbiana/dks for more information or call 330-382-7414 (East Liverpool) or 330-337-4202 (Salem)