DKS Guide Text only
Your Guide to Destination Kent State
Destination Kent State (DKS) is a one-day event for incoming freshmen and transfer students. During the event, you will connect with campus faculty and staff, set goals, explore opportunities and have a great time meeting new friends.
Students will attend a session with the campus Dean and then attend four workshops covering a variety of topics essential to student success. In addition, students are welcome to each bring one guest to learn more about Kent State including financial aid and strategies to help their loved ones' make a smooth transition to college life.
- 8:30 - 9 a.m. Check in
- 9 - 9:30 a.m. Welcome to Kent State University
- 9:30 - 10 a.m. How to College
- 10 a.m. - Noon Break Out Sessions
- Money, Money, Money
- Tech Talks
- Balancing Act
- Campus Hacks
- Stand By Me
- Noon- 12:30 p.m. Lunch
- 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. Campus Tour
- 1:30 - 2 p.m. Closing Session
What to Bring?
- Casual clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- Umbrella (rain or shine, you may do some campus navigating during your visit)
- Paper and pen/pencil
- Photo ID to obtain your student ID card (Flashcard), if you haven't already
- Your Spring 2018 schedule of classes
- Jacket or sweater (our buildings are heated but may still be chilly)
- Your FlashLine username (Kent State University email address) and password
Directions and Parking
Parking at both campuses is free!
- Login and regularly check your FlashLine account
- Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible
Visit www.kent.edu/columbiana/dks for more information or call 330-382-7414 (East Liverpool) or 330-337-4202 (Salem)