Former Kent State Students

If you have taken classes at Kent State University in the past, you may not need to apply for admission.

Below is information regarding procedures for reenrollment and reinstatement.

You are a former Kent State University student who has been away from the university for at least one year, was not dismissed from Kent State, and did not attend any other college or university. You'd now like to reenroll at Kent State.

  • If you attended another college or university after leaving Kent State, you must reapply as a transfer student.
  • If you earned a bachelor's degree from another institution, apply as a post-undergraduate student.

Application for Undergraduate Reenrollment

You were academically dismissed from Kent State and would like to be reinstated. You should expect to be away from the university for a minimum of 12 consecutive months before reinstatement can be considered.

  • Students can begin planning for reinstatement by reviewing the Reinstatement Policy in the University Catalog. Contact your respective campus advising office if you have any questions regarding the undergraduate reinstatement process.

Request for Undergraduate Reinstatement (PDF)

Personal Explanation Statement (PDF)

Office of Student Services - Kent State University at East Liverpool
400 E. Fourth Street
East Liverpool, OH 43920

Office of Student Services - Kent State University at Salem
2491 St. Rt. 45 South
Salem, OH 44460