Human Services’ Associate of Applied Science prepares graduates for the expansive field of human and social services and advanced study in social work, counseling, and additional behavioral sciences.
- Employment ready with applied experience in evidenced based practices and recognized billable scope of practice
- Broad range of service populations, employment opportunities and settings
- Curricular Endorsement for Social Work Assistant Certification and Chemical Dependency Counseling CDCA l, ll and LCDC by the Ohio Coalition of Associate Degree Human Service Educators
- Earn Social Work Assistant and Chemical Dependency Counseling Certification
This Program is Right For You If
- Be a beacon of hope for struggling children and families
- Break the chains of addiction as a skilled treatment provider
- Provide care, dignity and empowerment for our aging community
- Advocate—becoming a voice for the oppressed and silenced
THIS PROGRAM WILL TEACH YOU
- Addictions, Mental Wellness and Recovery Models of Care
- Social Work Theory, Policy, Evidenced Based Practices and Treatment Planning
- Assessment, Motivational Interviewing, Group Facilitation, and Case Management
- Community Resources, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, Ohio Benefits Bank
- Human Services’ Associate of Applied Science articulates fully as a concentration in the Bachelor of Science in Human Development and Family Studies.
- Human Services’ concentration is guaranteed to be delivered in its entirety through Salem Campus.
- Human Services’ HDFS students are able to self-specialize in their desired population of interest.
- Human Services’ graduates may pursue additional behavioral sciences degree programs such as psychology, sociology and public health, etc.
Students complete the majority of the required courses on a Kent State University campus/location and some courses on-line. The degree would be awarded by the approved campus or college.
Human Services Contact Information:
Kimberly Steele, PCC/S, LICDC-CS, LSW
Academic Program Director, Human Services
Personal Cell: 330-853-8149
Ohio Coalition of Associate Degree Human Service Educators
Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board-Social Work Assistant
Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board-Chemical Dependency Counseling Assistant