Undergraduate Student Government
The Undergraduate Student Government represents Kent State Salem students within the campus and university.
If you're interested in being a student leader, you are invited to attend USG meetings, which are held the first and third Monday of each month at 4 p.m. in the student lounge. Please feel free to contact one of the officers or advisors below with any questions you may have.
Also, if you have questions, suggestions, or concerns, never hesitate to contact one of the officers, who are here to help you—no matter how small the problem.
Here are some of the roles of USG at Kent State Salem:
- USG provides a voice for students in campus decision-making by maintaining direct connections with faculty and administrators.
- USG officially recognizes student organizations. If you’d like to form a new club, contact an USG officer or advisor for details!
- USG allocates university funding for student organizations. With these funds, the Rad Tech club attends an annual statewide radiology conference. Students for Professional Nursing (SPN) does service-learning projects in medically-underserved communities. The Horticulture Club tours educational sites such as the Cleveland Botanical Gardens.
- USG has organized on-campus activities for students, such as poetry slams and flag football games.
- USG co-sponsors community service activities to help local families in need, including a holiday gift drive and celebration.
- USG represents the campus at community events, like the Salem Christmas Parade.
|Vice President:||Jon McCannfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Co-Advisor:||Dr. Louise Steeleemail@example.com|