Wi-Fi on Campus
What are the steps to setting up my connection to the Kent State Wireless network with Windows?
Note: If you have not changed from your default FlashLine password, you must do so before you are able to connect to Kent State Wireless, click here.
In your system tray, locate the wireless menu icon.
- Click the icon to see a list of available wireless networks.
- Locate and click on “Kent State Wireless
- Ensure that the tick box that says, “Connect automatically” is checked
- Click connect
- Click Connect again
- Enter your Flashline user ID without “@kent.edu” and your Flashline password.
- Your system will start the connection to Kent state Wireless and may take up to 30 seconds to complete.
- Open up a web browser to verify that you are connected.
How do I connect to Kent State Wireless on Chrome OS
Click the network icon in the lower-right corner of your screen.
Click the arrow next to the Wifi symbol to see a list of available connections.
Click Kent State Wireless as the network you would like to connect to from the list of networks.
Enter PEAP from the EAP method dropdown.
Enter your FlashLine username in the Identity textbox and password
When you see the icon in the lower-right corner of your screen, that means your Chromebook is connected to the network.