Family & Friends
As much as the graduate needs to prepare for the commencement ceremony, so do family and friends planning to attend. Follow the guidelines below to ensure a smooth commencement day. Doors open one-hour prior to the start of ceremonies.
NOTE: All guests (including children 1 years and older) must have a ticket to enter the ceremony hall and be seated 25 minutes prior to ceremony start time in order to view the processional.
Students who did not complete the online Commencement RSVP Form will not receive tickets for their guests. Guests will be directed to one of the live viewing areas on campus (Kent Student Center Kiva and Ballroom). Family and friends will be able to view the ceremony online.
For additional questions, contact the Commencement Office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 330-672-2235.
- Confirm with your graduate that they completed the online ceremony RSVP.
- Find out ceremony dates and times
- Order a ceremony video
- Pre-order flowers and class t-shirts for pickup at the ceremony
- Special Seating
- Directions and lodging - GPS Address for MAC Center: 1025 Risman Drive, Kent, OH 44242
- Parking for Advanced and Baccalaureate Commencement Ceremonies, all parking lots are open and free. There is a continuous shuttle service from Lots A and B, located next to the Michael Schwartz Center, bringing guests to the MAC Center.