Outstanding New Service Initiative (Individual and Group)
Purpose: This award recognizes new and innovative service related projects or initiatives that were developed by Kent State students or faculty/staff members. Projects should have demonstrated student engagement and social issue awareness, and have met an expressed need in the community. Examples of applicable types of projects include community-based research/capstone projects, projects developed as part of a service-learning course or community-based internship, independently developed projects that meet a community need, etc).
Awards will be given in two categories:
- Individuals - project was developed by as Kent State student, faculty, and/or staff member
- Group - project was developed by a student group, organization, class, department, etc.
Projects must have been developed from May 2017 to the present
Projects nominated for this award should have demonstrated excellence in all or most of the following areas:
- Exhibited depth of understanding of the community needs or social issues addressed by the project;
- Made a distinct impact on the community/community issue/population being served;
- Demonstrated growth over time and sustainable opportunities for others in the community to get involved.
Selection will be based primarily on the responses submitted by the nominator.
To nominate a project for this award, please submit this form by March 16 at 5 p.m.
Nominees will be notified of selection by March 23.