Service Leaders and Community Partner Advocates
Service Leaders and Community Partner Advocates are undergraduate or graduate student leaders committed to strengthening our community, developing leadership skills, and advancing equity.
As a Service Leader, you have the opportunity to:
- Lead monthly Days of Service
- Develop expertise on an issue challenging the Kent State/surrounding communities
- Facilitate "Service in a Flash" events
- Attend two meetings per month with other Service Leaders focusing on leadership development & community engagement
- Spread the word about opportunities with Community Engaged Learning through tabling, info sessions, and presentations
- Collect a FlashCash gift each semester (with the fulfillment of all responsibilities)
As a Community Partner Advocate, you have the opportunity to:
- Serve as a student liaison to a community partner--a local non-profit organization or agency
- Assist in developing original programs and projects with and for the community partner
- Attend two meetings per month with other Community Partner Advocates focusing on community engagement and social justice issues in the community throughout the year
- Use your Federal Work Study award or earn a stipend
The application for 2021-2022 Service Leader and Community Partner Advocate positions is now closed. If you have any questions, please contact Craig Berger, Assistant Director of Community Engaged Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org.