Service Leaders and Community Partner Advocates
Service Leaders and Community Partner Advocates are undergraduate or graduate student leaders committed to strengthening our community, developing leadership skills, and advancing equity. We are now hiring for both positions for the Spring 2022 semester.
As a Service Leader, you have the opportunity to:
- Lead monthly Days of Service
- Develop expertise on an issue challenging the Kent State/surrounding communities
- Facilitate "Service in a Flash" events
- Attend two meetings per month with other Service Leaders focusing on leadership development & community engagement
- Spread the word about opportunities with Community Engaged Learning through tabling, info sessions, and presentations
- Collect a FlashCash gift each semester (with the fulfillment of all responsibilities)
As a Community Partner Advocate, you have the opportunity to:
- Serve as a student liaison to a community partner--a local non-profit organization or agency
- Assist in developing original programs and projects with and for the community partner
- Attend two meetings per month with other Community Partner Advocates focusing on community engagement and social justice issues in the community throughout the year
- Be employed as an hourly employee of the university
Click here to apply for Spring 2022 Service Leader and Community Partner Advocate positions. If you have any questions, please contact Craig Berger, Associate Director of Community Engaged Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org.