Kent State's COVID-19 testing plan extends to students and employees.
- All students who live in residence halls were required to perform an at-home test one week before moving back to campus.
- Students who live in residence halls who are not fully vaccinated or exempt from testing must take part in weekly COVID-19 testing, provided by Visit Healthcare, beginning the week of Aug. 23.
- Fully vaccinated residence hall students and those who are exempt due to having tested positive for COVID-19 within the prior 90 days will have to submit proof that they are fully vaccinated.
- As part of Kent State’s phased-in COVID-19 vaccine requirement, beginning Sept. 1, 2021, testing will be expanded to include sample testing of unvaccinated students living off campus; unvaccinated students in the residence halls will continue to be tested weekly.
- Beginning Nov. 1, 2021, all unvaccinated students in residence halls will be tested twice a week; all other unvaccinated students will be tested once a week.
- Beginning Sept. 1, 2021, we will expand our testing efforts to include sample testing of unvaccinated employees.
- Beginning Nov. 1, 2021, all unvaccinated employees will be tested once a week.
- Throughout the fall semester, Kent State will continue to monitor wastewater from campus housing to look for spikes in virus shed to identify possible outbreaks.