The university requests that all students, staff and faculty on all campuses to report to the COVID Response Team by calling 330-672-2525 for any of the reasons below:
- Anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or is being tested due to symptoms suggestive of the infection.
- Anyone who had close contact* with an individual confirmed to have COVID-19 by laboratory testing or with a presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19 (presumptive meaning not tested but diagnosed by a medical clinician as likely to have the infection).
- Anyone living on campus in University Housing and having symptoms consistent with COVID-19, including fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, loss of smell or taste, fatigue, muscle or body aches, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Anyone returning from international travel, regardless of country.
- Anyone entering Ohio after travel to states reporting positive testing rates of 15% or higher
- Anyone returning from travel by cruise ship.
- Additionally, supervisors should report to the COVID Response Team should an:
- Employee report COVID-19 symptoms.
- Employee report they are COVID-19 positive.
*CDC defines close contact: a distance of less than 6 feet and a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period* starting from two days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, two days prior to test specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.
* Individual exposures added together over a 24-hour period (e.g., three five-minute exposures for a total of 15 minutes).
The information will be kept confidential in accordance and consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requirements.
The information will be stored in an information system managed by University Health Services and the Division of IT.