- Journal Finder and College of Podiatric Medicine E-Journals
- College of Podiatric Medicine Library E-Books
- PubMed Access
- Online Medical Databases
- Online Resources
- Kent State University Libraries
- Board Reviews
- McGlamry's Comprehensive Textbook of Foot and Ankle Surgery
The collection totals over 15,000 volumes comprised of basic medical and scientific texts and journals. All areas of medicine and basic sciences are included, with special emphasis on literature relating to the lower extremity. Approximately 100 medical and podiatric journals are currently received. In the Media Center, students can use the collection of educational, medical, and general reference software and DVDs.
- College of Podiatric Medicine Books
An on-line book catalog is available via the internet. Additional books available at KentLink
Individuals are able to search the medical literature by using Pubmed, Ovid or EbscoHost: Medline via the internet.Index Medicus, other journal indexes, and MEDLINE searching by the Librarian can also help in retrieving journal articles.
- Photocopies are available for $.10 per copy. There are two photocopy machines which use coins, bills, or FLASHcards.
- The Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine
(CPM) Library accepts gifts of new and used books, journals, audiovisual
materials, and medical instruments related to the profession of podiatric
medicine. All donations become the property of the CPM Library and the
Library Director reserves the right to determine the retention or rejection of
an item. Gifts that are within the scope of the selection policy, and are
in good condition, will be retained if an additional copy is needed. If
historically significant, items will be considered for addition to the Archives
Collection. Additionally, items signed by the author will be added to the
- If in excellent condition, some items may be used to replace
worn items. Gifts not utilized by the CPM Library will be offered free to
other libraries. If there is no interest, items will then be offered free
in the CPM Library's annual book give-away for students and faculty.
- Please note that the donor is responsible for transporting
the items to the CPM Library. All donors receive a thank you letter for
the in-kind gift.
- All gifts added to the CPM library collection will bear a
bookplate inside the front cover indicating the donor's name.