The Information Technology Department at Kent State has provided details about the requirements for laptops. KSUCPM students will need laptops for testing. Please review to determine if your laptop will meet these standards.
If necessary, KSUCPM students are eligible for a one-time technology financial aid budget increase. Please contact Kathy Wright for details.
Software/Programs to Download
Please use this link to download or set up accounts with various programs prior to orientation: http://www.kent.edu/cpm/tech-resource-guides. These programs include:
- Use Google Chrome and visit https://getproctorio.com/ to install the browser extension
- Ensure you can log in with your Kent credentials at https://learn.kent.edu
- Ensure you can log in with your Kent credentials at https://boxcast.tv/lecture/ksu
- Create a free account at https://zoom.us with your Kent email address.
- CPM-IT will be in contact with installation instructions. Look for a separate email on Monday, July 27.
- CPM-IT will be in contact with your login credentials. Once received, download Examplify from https://www.examsoft.com/ocpm
The IT Team at KSUCPM will be on site during orientation on Tuesday, July 28 and Wednesday, July 29, as well as Monday, August 3 and Wednesday August 5 if you have any questions or trouble accessing these tools. In the meantime, if you have questions prior to orientation, please e-mail CPMIT@kent.edu.
Hardware and Software Discounts for Kent State Students
Kent State University offers discounts to its students for various hardware and software products:
- Microsoft Office is available for FREE through the Office 365 subscription based service. Installation instructions are available at https://kent.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=37538
- The Kent State University Official Bookstore offers various Computers and Electronics on sale online. Keep an eye out for the occasional sale!
- Discounts on select Dell laptops and Apple Macs or iPads are available through KSU Educational discounts via the Flash Technology Center
- Other discounts on software is available through OnTheHub at https://kent.onthehub.com/
The Software Catalog provides access to downloads that might be needed during your career at Kent State at https://apps.kent.edu/SoftwareCatalog/. (You will use Flashline info to log-on.) Keep an eye out for a heavily discounted Adobe Acrobat Creative Cloud suite here! Every creative Adobe program available at a single subscription cost of $75 per year.
The Service and Repair Center at the Kent Campus provides discounted software and hardware support. Contact information is available at https://www.kent.edu/it/serviceandrepair
Technology Workshops through TechHelp are offered frequently through the University. Keep an eye out at https://training.kent.edu/ for the announcement of the upcoming schedule!