KSUCPM Pre-Matriculation Program
Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine’s Pre-Matriculation Program (*moved to remote instruction) is an intensive two week course designed to provide members of the Class of 2024 an extensive basic science preparation and to the demands of the first year medical school curriculum. Students will learn how to navigate the volume, pace and rigor of the curriculum at KSUCPM, while brushing up on pre-clinical science concepts.
The Pre-Matriculation program will be presented by faculty members and educational specialists to help students to master high yield anatomy concepts and essential strategies such as time management, success strategies and evidence-based learning skills.
Participation of this program will also entail consent to be part of a research study. More detailed information will be provided upon application.
- 10 modules (1 module per day)
- Each module will consist of two basic sciences lectures with activities and assignments and one Learning Skills or Medical Terminology session
- All modules offered through KSU's Blackboards systems accessed through Flashline
- A blend of synchronous and asynchronous content delivery
- The modules will be available on June 30th
Science content will be based on the first semester curriculum. Content will include:
- Medical terminology
- Cell biology
- Head and neck anatomy
- Thorax and abdomen anatomy
- Upper extremity anatomy
- Back anatomy
- Musculoskeletal anatomy
Only students admitted into the KSUCPM Class of 2024 and accept the offer of admission may apply for participation in the Pre-Matriculation Program. Admitted students who do not have a strong background in the medical sciences are encouraged to apply.
The Pre-Matriculation Committee will review applications and make admission decisions for the pre-matriculation program on an on-going basis leading up to the start of the program. Due to the early July start of the program, the committee will make every effort to provide early notifications, if possible. If the committee believes you would benefit from the program, you will receive an offer to participate via e-mail. Please note that the program can accommodate up to 60 students.
Students who apply for the Pre-Matriculation program should be made aware that your AACPMAS application and all other data included as part of the application will be shared with the KSUCPM Pre-Matriculation Committee.
2020 Pre-Matriculation Program Application- Application deadline: June 26th, 2020
- There is no cost to attend this program
- There are no scholarships or grants provided to attend this program
- This program occurs before a student officially begins classes at KSUCPM, so no financial aid will be provided until the regular disbursement date scheduled to coincide with the start of classes (Typically late July/early August; Exact date will be announced by the Financial Aid office in summer 2020)
- Lunch is provided (Students must secure breakfast and dinner on their own)
For more information about the KSUCPM Pre-Matriculation Program, please contact Viveka Jenks, Education Innovations & Learning Design Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-916-7479.