KSUCPM Pre-Matriculation Program
Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine’s Pre-Matriculation Program is an intensive one-week program designed to provide members of the Class of 2026 evidence-based strategies on learning skills and motivations for a successful medical school experience. Students will learn how to navigate the volume, pace, and rigor of the curriculum at KSUCPM, while brushing up on pre-clinical science concepts. This program also provides the participants with an early opportunity to meet future faculty, make connections and orient oneself to the campus and surrounding area before the curriculum begins.
The Pre-Matriculation program will be presented by faculty members and educational specialists to help students to master and essential strategies such as time management, success strategies and evidence-based learning skills.
More detailed information will be provided starting in May to all students to registered.
- Classes will be offered on the KSUCPM campus in Independence, OH.
- 8:30am – 4:00pm
- All sessions will be instructed by KSUCPM faculty and staff.
Interactive practice sessions (flipped classroom)
Basic and clinical Sciences
...along with fun, social activities.
Only students admitted into the KSUCPM Class of 2026 and accept the offer of admission may register for participation in the Pre-Matriculation Program. Admitted students who do not have a strong background in the medical sciences, or have been out of the academic environment for a while are encouraged to register.
You will receive a confirmatory email once your registration has been received and reviewed.
Students who register for the Pre-Matriculation program should be made aware that your AACPMAS application and all other data included as part of the application will be shared with the KSUCPM Pre-Matriculation Committee.
Registration for Fall 2022 program is now closed.
Application Deadline was June 24, 2022
- There is no cost to attend this program
- There are no scholarships or grants provided to attend this program
- This program occurs before a student officially begins classes at KSUCPM, so no financial aid will be provided until the regular disbursement date scheduled to coincide with the start of classes (Typically late July/early August; Exact date will be announced by the Financial Aid office in summer 2022)
For more information about the KSUCPM Pre-Matriculation Program, please contact Dr. Viveka Jenks, Education Innovations & Learning Design Manager, at email@example.com or 216-916-7479.