Student Health Insurance Requirement
Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine students are required to have and maintain medical health coverage while enrolled at KSUCPM. To ensure compliance, KSUCPM students are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan.
Student Health Insurance Plan Information
The official Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine insurance plan is administered by Wellfleet. CIGNA is the brand name/network for the products and services provided by these companies and their applicable affiliated companies. The official insurance plan for 2020-2021 has been renewed with Wellfleet. Click here to review the current plan https://www.studentinsurance.com/Client/862
Payment is due in accordance with KSUCPM's tuition schedule Covered Students enrolled in the KSUCPM Student Medical & Sickness Insurance Plan, may also insure their dependents at their own expense.
Student Health Insurance Waiver Procedure and Deadlines
Students who are currently insured by a health insurance policy (i.e., their own or through their parents) may waive the KSUCPM insurance plan with proof of other approved insurance. Students may not waive insurance prior to the beginning of the semester. Students will receive an email with instructions and deadline in the beginning of the semester. Online waivers must be completed by the last day of the waiver deadline. If the waiver deadline is ignored, the student will be responsible for the insurance premium.
PLEASE NOTE: Students who elect to waive the KSUCPM Student Medical Insurance Plan must submit an online waiver. All waiver information will be verified with your insurance company as part of the insurance verification process. If insurance status and requirements cannot be verified, the waiver will be revoked and the insurance premium will be charged to your student account. Please do not send your insurance information to the school.
Your Plan MUST have the following benefits in order to waive the insurance:
- My plan is provided by a company licensed to do business in the United States, with a U.S. claims payment office and a U.S. phone number.
- My plan is currently active, and I agree to maintain health insurance coverage through the remainder of the 2020-201academic year.
- My plan offers an unlimited coverage per accident or illness.
- My plan covers inpatient and outpatient medical care within the Cleveland, OH area (Emergency only coverage does not satisfy this requirement).
- My plan covers inpatient and outpatient mental health care within the Cleveland, OH area (Emergency only coverage does not satisfy this requirement).
- The deductible on my insurance plan does not exceed $2,500 per individual or $5,000 for a family plan.
- My plan provides coverage for pre-existing conditions with no waiting period or limitations.
- My plan provides coverage for prescription drugs.
Students who successfully waive coverage from the school-sponsored Plan but lose that coverage any time after the Waiver Deadline Date must contact the Office of Students Affairs. Students may enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan at a pro-rated insurance rate. Applications must be received with 31 days of the Qualifying Life Event (date of the loss of other coverage). Coverage will be effective the date after the event. When applying due to a life event, appropriate documentation showing proof of loss must be provided and attached to application. If you lose coverage and do not enroll into the Student Health Insurance plan than you must supply your new Health Insurance Plan.
Questions/comments about the Student Health Insurance