Suggested Road Maps for Various Degree Programs
- M.A .Roadmap
- M.S. Roadmap (thesis, non-thesis, concentration, non-concentration)
- Ph.D. Roadmap (admitted with a Master's degree)
- Direct Ph.D. Roadmap (admitted without a Master's degree)
- Data Science Road Map
- Computer Science students who need advice can see Dr. Qiang Guan (email@example.com), Dr. Ye Zhao (firstname.lastname@example.org), who serves as Master's Faculty Advisors, or Dr. Hassan Peyravi (email@example.com), who serves as the Coordinator of Graduate Studies. General inquiries about the program can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Science students who need advice can see Dr. Omar De la Cruz Cabrera (email@example.com or Dr. Hassan Peyravi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Artificial Intelligence students who need advice can see Dr. Arvind Bansal (email@example.com).
Maintaining Good Academic Standing is a university requirement and graduate students are expected to maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average (GPA) at all time. Additionally, a graduate student who receives more than 8 credit hours of grades lower than B (3.0) or more than 4 credit hours of grades lower than C (2.0) is subject to dismissal. The department takes one of the following actions if a student does not maintain Good Standing.
- A warning notice will be given at any time to a student who receives a grade lower than B (3.0). The student must get advisor’s approval to take courses. The student can not take more than 9 credit hours per semester.
- A Probation notice will be given at any time to a student whose GPA is less than 3.0 OR the student has two courses with grades lower than B (3.0). The student must get advisor’s approval to take courses. The student can not take more than 9 credit hours during the Probationary Period. The student will be notified of dismissal for the following semester if Good Standing is not obtained/maintained during the Probationary Period.
- A Dismissal notice will be given at any time to a student if the student receives more than 8 credit hours of grades lower than B (3.0) OR more than 4 credit hours of grades lower than C (2.0) OR student's GPA stays below 3.0 for more than 2 semesters OR Good Standing is not obtained after the Probationary Period.
Thesis and Dissertation Advising
- Students who are on a thesis or dissertation track must choose an advisor who serves as both their academic advisor and their research advisor by the second semester.
Notes for New Students
- Those who have been admitted to the CS graduate program and who haven't t had an Algorithms course in their undergraduate degree must take CS 56101 (Algorithms) which would count towards the degree program.