Scholarships for Computer Science Majors
CHOOSE OHIO FIRST SCHOLARSHIP
Choose Ohio First "21st Century Computer Science Workplace in Ohio" program will annually provide a number of undergraduate tuition scholarships for computer science majors. Funding decisions will be made based on a combination of merit and financial need. The scholarships will be awarded to promising incoming computer science students. The scholarships were made possible by a grant from the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
the johnnie w. baker endowed computer science scholarship
- This scholarship is to go to an undergraduate computer science major enrolled as a junior or senior at Kent State University. The student should have a minimum 3.0 GPA and demonstrate financial need through the completion of the FAFSA form.The recipient should also be active in organizations on campus such as the ACM-W Chapter, the Kent State Scientista Chapter or the Kent State Women's Center. The funds may be used for tuition, fees, or room and board.
RICHARD A. AND TENA W. DOWDING SCHOLARSHIP
- This scholarship is to go to an undergraduate or graduate Kent State University Computer Science student from Canton or Akron, Ohio, who can demonstrate financial need through the completion of the FAFSA form. The recipient will be a student who demonstrates mentoring and lifelong learning behavior and strong collaboration and knowledge sharing with his peers, faculty and staff.
THE JOHN SECHRIST SCHOLARSHIP FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE
- This fund will support a scholarship by June 1, 2022. Until then, this scholarship will not be available for use. Applicants will be computer science majors at Kent State University with at least a 3.0 GPA and the award may be applied to tuition or room and board.
CLAYTON AND AUDREY HINE SCHOLARSHIP IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
- Applicants should be full-time undergraduate or graduate computer science majors and the award may be used to support tuition, room and board, fees, books and supplies, and travel expenses related to attending school at Kent State University.
- Note: You may work on the form and save it and return to it later, but once you "submit," you will not be able to retrieve it for editing. Please save it as you go along and exit the form, but do not submit until you are absolutely sure you are ready to release it.
- Note: You may apply for all three if you qualify without having to complete the application three times.
Note: If you need help creating a resume - keep it simple and try checking out this link for guidance.