Alpha Psi Lambda, National, Inc.
Alpha Psi Lambda was established on February 11, 1985 at The Ohio State University and has grown to 25 chapters and 3 colonies in 9 states with over 2,500 members. Being a brotherhood and sisterhood, we believe in the concept Familia to create a support network for our members while creating the real world experience of working with both men and women.
Mission Statement: To promote continued personal and collective growth of our membership, success and unity though education, leadership, cultural awareness and community service.
Must be 18 years of age.
-Not be a member of any other social fraternity or sorority.
-Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0 (3.5/5.0) (Rounding of GPAs is not permitted).
-Must be enrolled in at least six credit hours.
-Must not be a first-term freshman
-Transfer and graduate students are permitted that meet the requirements.
-Must have a sincere interest in Alpha Psi Lambda.
-Must complete the Member Intake process.
8 Purposes ( Foundation of Alpha Psi Lambda)
1) Serve the university campus and community.
2) Bring forth on a scholastic level, Hispanics/Latinos and others at the university on the basis of friendship.
3) Provide a supplementary educational, social and cultural experience for the mutual cultivation of its members.
4) Advocate for the needs and concerns of the Hispanic/Latino students.
5) Promote a basis for the diversity of the Hispanic/Latino cultures.
6) Enhance the educational experience through social and cultural activities, and assist in the development of members' leadership abilities.
7) Promote inter-Fraternity relations.
8) Foster positive relations between the Greek system, University/College administration, and outside community.
Motto: “Together We Shall Seek the Noblest.”
Colors: Gold and White
Flower: Gold Rose
Symbol: Palm Tree
Alpha Psi Lambda is a co-educational, Latino-oriented Greek letter intercollegiate fraternity. It is the first such organization for Latino college students in the United States and focuses on familia, culture, academics, service and leadership.