Colorado Teaching Certifications

View Another State

Information currently listed:

  • Journalism Teaching Endorsement: No
  • Pass state assessment or certification test/s (tests needed): Colorado does not specifically endorse journalism on a license: English Language Arts, Reading Specialist, and Reading Teacher are the closest endorsements that we currently have.
  • NCATE or National Accreditation required: It depends - Any school or district that offers journalism will have their own requirements for that position. Colorado is a district controlled state, giving the districts the ability to require what they deem necessary as employment requirements. The State Department of Education does not control position requirements and employment.
  • Accepts candidates from states participating in the NASDTEC Interstate Contract: Colorado DOES belong to the NASDTEC Interstate Contract (Teachers, Support Professionals, and Administrators).

Resources currently listed:

Information from: