Hawaii Teaching Certifications

View Another State

Information currently listed:

  • Journalism Teaching Endorsement: Not specifically - journalism most likely falls under English or Language Arts, and journalism would be an elective that the teacher teaches. The principals at Hawaii schools tell teachers what subjects they will be teaching when they are hired, and the teachers may instruct in journalism part-time.
  • Pass state assessment or certification test/s (tests needed): PRAXIS test 0041 - Hawaii Teachers Standards Board is in charge of licensing (htsb.org – 808-586-2600) and decides what tests must be taken.
  • NCATE or National Accreditation required: Certification (NASDTEC) Interstate Agreement for 2010-2015, including the Jurisdiction-Specific Requirement (JSR) for Teachers and Support Professionals.
  • Accepts candidates from states participating in the NASDTEC Interstate Contract: Hawaii DOES belong to the Interstate Certification Compact and the NASDTEC Interstate Contract (Teachers only) and is a member of the Mid-Atlantic agreement.

Resources currently listed:

Information from:

Stephen Miyasato, teacher_recruitment@notes.k12.hi.us